Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ken's costumes suck!

What's up with Ken Master's alternate costumes in Street Fighter IV? One of the coolest things about Street Fighter IV is all the different choices in costumes for the characters. I'm a huge fan of the game so I don't mind dishing out the extra cash for the alternate costumes that make the experience more enjoyable for me; even though I think Capcom should have included the alternate costumes in the arcade edition.

I've been downloading the costumes a little at a time and I eventually plan to get them all. The costumes have all been very creative and exciting to look at from Ryu's tattered gi to Rose's frilly dress that makes her look like a southern belle from New Orleans. Some costumes are better than others but since there are usually 3 alternate costumes for each character you can always bet there will be one alternate costume you like, at least that's what I thought until I saw Ken's alternate costumes. They suck! While Ryu has a tattered gi and some cool bruises that make him look like a hardcore warrior on an ultimate quest, Ken has a slightly nicer gi than his regular one with a pair of tennis shoes. Where Ryu has a cool traditional Japanese outfit that makes him look kind of like a samurai, Ken has a silly looking cowboy outfit. Ken's best outfit is probably the 3rd alternate costume I downloaded  where he's wearing sporty spandex shorts and he looks like some kind of cyclist or surfer.




The alternate costumes for SF IV are definitely cool and worth downloading if you're a big fan of the game but if you're a fan of Ken Masters, expect to be dissappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment