Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Street Fighter Web Series

I've been really excited about fighting games recently. My collection of them for the PS3 has grown recently with the addition of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, and an upgrade from Super Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. I have enough fighting games to keep me busy for a while and I plan on getting my hands on the new Mortal Kombat soon also.

With so many fighting games on my mind I was doing a YouTube search under Street Fighter thinking that I would come across a review of the game or something like that. What I ended up finding was even better! I found a YouTube web series called The Street Fighter. It's still rather new so I'll try not to spoil it for everyone by giving too much away. Basically, it's about an average Joe with a penchant for Street Fighter IV and fight sticks. The show is very well made and was very entertaining to watch. I read a ton of positive reviews for the little series and it even left me wanting more so I actually checked out a "making of" segment afterwards. The acting, directing, plot and camera work were all great. The Street Fighter was very entertaining and has something for almost everyone, even if you're not a big fan of Street Fighter video games. There's even a nerdy but sexy gamer chick that works in a comic book store (a nerd's dream come true!) who is one of the main characters. Judging by the YouTube comments, she already has quite a few fans. The Game Station did a great job making this project, be sure to check out their YouTube channel.

Here's The Street Fighter Episode 1. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment